Full-Time Legal Secretary
Required in this firm’s busy Private Client Department 5 days per week.
Location: Carter Bells LLP Solicitors, Kings’ Stone House, 12 High Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1HD
Our firm: We are an established firm of Solicitors in Kingston upon Thames, having six Partners and over twenty support staff including Solicitors. The firm is organised into four divisions, Litigation and Family, Private Client, Residential Conveyancing and Commercial. Carter Bells holds ISO 9001:2015 accreditation with Lawnet (a quality standard similar to Lexcel).
The team: The private client team consists of three Solicitors presently supported by two secretaries.
The role: The suitable applicant will have legal secretarial experience and will be expected to support that team. Occasionally support is required in other areas in the firm depending on requirements.
The tasks undertaken and the skills required are as follows:
- Good keyboard skills
- Ability to use Word for document production using audio digital dictation, approximate typing speed expected 65 wpm
- Manage emails and electronic diary through Outlook
- Ability to use the firm’s Case Management system and store all documents/correspondence relating to a matter in that Case Management system
- Good communication skills to liaise with clients and also others with whom we are in contact during the course of a matter
- Populating forms that are required in each department using the Oyez system
- Undertaking all filing on a daily basis to ensure that files are kept up to date
- Prioritising work load
- Following firm’s procedures including Accounts procedures that are adopted by the firm
- Able to organise their work and tasks efficiently to ensure maximum output and accuracy.
- Covering reception when required.
Private Client experience essential.
The hours of work are 37.5 per week generally between 9.00 am and 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch between 1 pm and 2 pm or as otherwise required.
Hours required are negotiable. Salary dependent on experience.
Applications: in writing with current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to Jag ShahBack to Jobs