Full-Time Office Assistant
Carter Bells LLP, Kings’ Stone House, 12 High Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1HD.
We are an established firm of Solicitors in Kingston upon Thames, having six Partners and over twenty support staff including Solicitors. The firm is organised into four divisions, Litigation and Family, Private Client (Probate and Estates), Residential Conveyancing and Commercial. Carter Bells holds ISO 9001:2015 accreditation with Lawnet (a quality standard similar to Lexcel).
The suitable applicant will have previous experience of customer service, general administration and secretarial skills and will be expected to provide support across the firm, including the following duties:
- Covering reception and assisting clients as and when required
- Assisting with postal duties
- Assisting with storage and filing procedures
- Providing back-up secretarial cover
The candidate must:
- Have good keyboard skills
- Be able to use Word and Excel for document production
- Type using audio digital dictation (average typing speed of at least 40wpm)
- Manage emails and electronic diary through Outlook
- Have good communication skills to liaise with clients and all other parties involved in the legal process
- Be able to prioritise workload
- Follow the firm’s procedures
- Have good numeracy and written skills
- Have good secretarial skills including filing and organisation of documents
In addition, the candidate will be a good organiser, able to communicate with clients and others, able to work under pressure and conclude assigned tasks efficiently and accurately. Previous experience of working in a solicitors’ practice would be an advantage.
The hours of work are full-time, between 9.00am and 5.30pm with one hour for lunch.
Salary dependent on experience.
Applications: in writing with current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to Elaine Guy at the aforementioned location.Back to Jobs