Property Paralegal/Newly Qualified Solicitor
The firm are looking for a Paralegal/Newly qualified solicitor to assist in all aspects of commercial property work, including the sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold titles, residents’ association and commercial property management work, re-financing. You will be responsible for assisting to provide all our clients with a first class service through the Transaction in question.
- Acting as a point of contact for communication directly related to a matter you are assisting with verbally and through email.
- Pro-actively progressing matters by identifying issues that need to be resolved with a matter and taking action to address those issues.
- Drafting and negotiating Agreements, leases and associated documentation
- Preparing title packs and supporting documentation
- Making applications to the land registry for registration of transfers and other deeds.
- Preparation of draft Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns.
- Drafting letters and correspondence to clients and other parties.
- Maintaining accurate records within a case management system.
- Ensuring data protection compliance at all times in communications with all parties.
- Preparing financial statements for clients and other solicitors.
- Accessing websites to obtain information such as planning permissions and building regulation consents and compliance certificates and other documents.
- Adhering to the firm’s policies at all times in actions and communications with all parties.
- Submitting searches if required.
Preferred skills and experience and qualifications
We are looking for someone :
- who is a recent graduate from a Law Degree with a degree class of II(i) or higher.
- with experience working in a similar role and supporting fee earners within a commercial department.
- with experience using a case management system.
- who has excellent communication skills both in email and written correspondence but crucially on the telephone.
- who can work well under pressure.
- who works well within a team.
- who is IT confident so proficient in use of Outlook and Word in particular.
- who is able to work largely on a paperless basis
- willing to assist with marketing the commercial department and firm generally
We would want the successful applicant to develop their legal and marketing skills with a view to becoming a fully engaged fee earner in the department.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV and a supporting statement to Justin.email@example.comBack to Jobs