What to do if a County Court claim is made against you

If you have received a Claim Form from the County Court, don’t ignore it!

If you have received a claim, there is a short period of time in which to notify the Court that you have received it (an ‘Acknowledgment of Service’). Having done so, if you have a defence, it then needs to be submitted, again within a time restricted period (usually 14 days).

If you do not file a Defence, then Judgment may be entered against you. Money Judgments are then normally entered on the register of County Court Judgments which may affect your ability to obtain credit.

Even if there is no defence to the claim, it may be possible to negotiate a satisfactory outcome. So if you are in this predicament, please feel free to contact us for further initial advice and make use of our free 20-minute consultation.


Solicitors for your home, your family, your business